ReMode, the premier event for disruptive and sustainable fashion, today announced that the conference will feature an array of immersive experiences, interactive installations and unique spaces where attendees can gather, create, shop and explore the future role of fashion. ReMode is the first conference to bring together innovators from across the entire value chain of the fashion industry to share ideas, find practical solutions and forge new connections. The event will be held November 13–14 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Downtown Los Angeles.
In addition to more than 75 sessions and workshops designed to equip fashion professionals with the knowledge and resources they need to grow their businesses in a responsible and sustainable way, ReMode will feature 3D cinematic experiences, immersive art installations and unique concept shops highlighting the latest in ethical fashion and sustainable materials.
“We’re thrilled to offer these fascinating installations and exclusive experiences as part of ReMode. Attendees will be able to gather in these spaces to share ideas, reflect and consider their vision of the future of fashion, while also having fun,” said ReMode founder and fashion entrepreneur Pierre-Nicolas Hurstel. “Our holistic conference programming includes not just workshops, keynotes and panel sessions, but also art, creative spaces, concept shops and areas that showcase the latest innovations in materials and technology.”
The experiential offerings at ReMode include:
- United Nations – Conscious Fashion Campaign: Supported by the United Nations Office for Partnerships, the Conscious Fashion Campaign unites impact-driven fashion brands as they address the most pressing issues facing our world today. The initiative aims to harness the power of retailers, media and celebrities to embrace conscious fashion brands and drive conscious consumerism.
- Habit Habitacle: An art installation designed by François Girbaud, Habit Habitacle explores the future of clothing, its role within society, and a vision for its technical and functional evolution. The concept offers a vision of what design and manufacturing can be, highlighting the latest developments in materials and technologies that reduce resource usage and waste.
- Trend Gallery by Fashion Snoops: Global trend forecasting agency Fashion Snoops offers a Trend Gallery experience for the Spring/Summer 2020 season. Each of the four Trend Tunnels brings a visionary story to life via inspirational videos, colors, materials and scents. As attendees exit the Trend Tunnels, they enter the Create Zone, developed in collaboration with Visual Magnetics, where they can create individualized physical mood boards and color palettes.
- X-Ray Fashion: This multisensory, virtual-reality experience puts participants face-to-face with the environmental and human impacts of the fashion industry, exploring all stages of apparel production, manufacturing and consumption. Directed by Francesco Carrozzini, this immersive cinematic experience is designed to motivate a carbon-neutral, eco-friendly and socially responsible approach to fashion. Produced in a collaboration between Danish VR company Mannd; Connect4Climate, the climate change communications program at the World Bank; Alcantara, the carbon-neutral materials company, and award-winning storytellers, Vulcan Productions.
- Le Souk Sustainable Innovation Pavilion: Featuring the latest in material innovation, this pavilion will showcase the next generation of design talent committed to sustainability as well as innovative textiles and materials from mills and tanneries around the world.
- Galerie.LA: This replica of the Galerie.LA ethical concept shop offers a curated selection of sustainable fashion from emerging brands around the world. Kestrel Jenkins, host of the Conscious Chatter sustainable fashion podcast, will be on-site interviewing fashion industry leaders and innovators for a special global broadcast. Bolt Threads will showcase a prototype of the MYLO Driver Bag, the first commercially available product created with Mylo, a leather alternative made from mycelium mushroom threads.
- GFX Clothing Swap: The Global Fashion Exchange, an international platform promoting sustainable consumption, partnered with Swap Society to host a clothing swap at ReMode, where attendees can exchange clothing, receiving an item of equal value for every item they bring.
The inaugural ReMode conference takes place November 13–14 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. The event programming will address topics such as artificial intelligence in fashion, omnichannel retailing, sustainable production, circular fashion and financing. Scheduled speakers include senior executives from established and emerging fashion brands and retailers, sustainability advocates, venture capital firms, and global technology companies.
Each of ReMode’s four pillars—ReMake, ReThink, ReInvest and ReMarket—features panels, workshops, keynotes, networking events and a curated selection of innovative solutions providers. For more information and to register, visit ReMode.com.
ReMode is the premier global fashion event for disruptive and sustainable fashion. The event will bring together established and up-and-coming fashion brands and innovators from across the entire value chain of the fashion business to share ideas, find practical solutions and forge new connections. Today’s fashion brands must change, as the consumer is the new channel. This requires deep business transformation, including different financing, shorter times to market, new skills, new tools, new technologies and materials, and new solutions providers. ReMode was created by UBM Fashion, the leading producer of world-renowned fashion trade shows such as COTERIE, PROJECT, FN PLATFORM and MAGIC.
Berns Communications Group